Out beyond the ideas of right-doing or wrong-doing there is a field - I'll meet you there.


Sunday, November 07, 2004

Drunkennesh is the besht policy, hic!

hi all
i guess the title says it all, doesn't it. yes, this is what i wrote when i woke up around one in the afternoon today. i am beginning to enjoy this relaxation of quality criteria in my writing. it is making me a lot more prolific and a lot less portentuous. however, if i end up writing without having anything to say, well then, it shall be this blog to blame. anyway, the poem is called

Drunkenness is the best policy

A dark, musty room, stuffy with Ego
A nostalgic rain falls sullen outside
The air depressedly stagnant with ennui
Despite the efforts of a valiant fan
A fan that looks just like my conscience

Yawning deliberately, forcing my mind
To reconcile itself to intellectual exile
For looking inside is just too hard
And all my hopes swirl in as murky a puddle
As waits to greet me outside the door

In my little hole, safe from the rain
And a chill wind, mindful of loneliness
Refusing to peep out, grow up
Into an irrational, confused world
Trying hard not to wake up
On a rainy Sunday morning

1 comment:

Siddhartha Banerjee said...

Where the hell does the question of blame come in???
I mean...hell...you're even better than before.
One of these days we need to sit down and talk, and you need to teach me this blank verse thingy...I do owe ya a few treats, ya know....
Beautiful poem da:)

About Me

My photo
I is a place-holder to prevent perpetual infinite regress. I is a marker on the road that ends in I not being.