Out beyond the ideas of right-doing or wrong-doing there is a field - I'll meet you there.


Friday, July 18, 2008

Joy! Joy! Eternal Bliss!


Fickle song, come back. Don't flee from me
Let all hear of the joy I feel

If the stripe of the great sky river were a string
It would sound shrill to this somber thrum
All worlds colliding with all worlds that have been
Pale to the sound of this Cosmic drum

The weakest harmonics of the Turiya state
Fill my heart with tremendous joy
The Guru fills my soul with bliss;
Like a balloon.

She fills and fills with a roguish smile
She laughs as I gaze at her resplendent face
Awareness swells, an anchored boat in the tide
Casts off moorings to reality, and roams

How I have sought you in life and in sleep
In hours of meditations I have chased you
In countless days of thought I have yearned
To see beyond the veil that you have ever drawn

I still see no more than I have ever seen
But the eye inside needs see no more
I hear, louder than the sounds of the world
The beating of Turiya, the Cosmic drum

Brighter than the splendor of a billion suns
Is the power that lies behind this Door
Once past, I shall no longer be
This coil, in bliss, shall tinker on

But happy fate, it falls to the mortal coil
To squirm in joy at the gates of Void
I thrill, my hair stands all on end
As I wait for Word from the voiceless Voice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent verses and very good. I enjoyed reading those verses.

About Me

My photo
I is a place-holder to prevent perpetual infinite regress. I is a marker on the road that ends in I not being.