Out beyond the ideas of right-doing or wrong-doing there is a field - I'll meet you there.


Monday, February 16, 2009

Meditation

Ignorance to Knowledge

I live in a world of magic and miracles
Where acausal deities rule mercifully
Through some anthropomorphic creed

Slowly, I am killing those gods
One by one I sacrifice them
At the altar of Reason

I now perceive with no bias
I now hold all false lest proven true
No error have I, for I doubt all


Knowledge conflicted

I cannot explain the comprehensibility
Of the universe to my own perception
Reason stands silent, Nature speaks

My spirit is tortured with insanity
Whence existence? Whence knowledge?
Reason founders in a storm of semantics

All questions point to one, `Who observes?'
Half-answers leap out of age-old tomes
Mysterious whispers from forgotten times


Knowledge to Ignorance

I am now a hermit, body smeared in ashes
Mind withdrawing from the sensate world
I labor incessantly with a single thought

Body must be strong and stable, like a rock
Mind must be supple and becalmed, like water
Memory must be purged, ambition lost

I now sit in meditation hours-long
There is no body, no mind, no thought
A dark nothingness embraces my identity


Ignorance to Knowing

The darkness parts with a jolt and I face
A deep throbbing power with no name
Its vibrations fill me with delirious joy

Meditation becomes exhilarating now
Sights, sounds, vibrations beyond sense and thought
I play in a universe beyond time and space

And ever draw nearer to the throbbing thing
Until no play remains, no pleasure, no pain
There is naught, save the throbbing and I


Knowing to Being

Days pass as if in a dream,
The throbbing finally speaks its name
It is Consciousness, the seed of the Universe

Meditation is perpetual now
The throbbing mass of awareness draws me
Deeper into an unfathomable abyss

Lo! There is no more I, no more Consciousness
There is only One, throbbing vibrantly
Sustaining in its pulsation the fabric of Reality


Beyond Being

Words cannot describe it, for memory goes there not
Mind cannot perceive it, for intellect qualifies it not
It broods, the throbbing at the center of all existence


2 comments:

Pratyush Tiwary said...

This transcends everything! How I shivered as I read through it!

Ero-Sennye said...

Will someone tell me how I exist? Will I ever know me if I have free will?
Will someone tell me if I can ever conceive of any thought of the unfathomable, and not derived from the surrounding space that I "exist" in.

How is meditation or inward contemplation the answer, if there ever was?

About Me

My photo
I is a place-holder to prevent perpetual infinite regress. I is a marker on the road that ends in I not being.